One of the most vital parts of any marketing funnels is a landing page. This is a page where your prospects go to submit their email address, effectively turning those users into leads interested in your product or service. While this might sound simple, enticing people to hand over their email address is much harder in practice.
Your landing page is an opportunity to stand out from your competition. Why should professionals trust you instead of another provider? How can you keep them on their track through their customer journey towards a purchase?
It all comes down to optimization. By creating a landing page specifically designed for K12 professionals is the best way to show your expertise and build trust. We’re here to help you learn actionable, real-world steps to create and optimize an effective lead generating landing page for your K12 business.
Why Use a Landing Page
To begin, let’s clarify why you should use a landing page compared to another method of promotion? As explained earlier, a landing page is a stand-alone web page that turns visitors into leads. Once you have their email address with your winning opt-in strategy, you can add them to your email marketing campaigns to convert them to paying customers.
Landing pages are particularly powerful because they’re designed to peak prospects’ interests. They don’t have excessive sales tactics or any distracting content. The sole focus is to gain leads for your marketing campaigns. However, it’s not as simple as setting up your page and clicking publish. It needs to be optimized for success.
What Makes a Successful Landing Page
A targeted landing page can increase conversion by up to 300%. That’s a statistic worth paying attention to. When you create your own landing page, you need to customize it to your ideal customer. If you want to hit a home run, you need to pay attention to the following:
- User friendly – First, it needs to be a good user experience. That means you need a fast load time and a mobile-friendly experience. Most people, even professionals, spend a lot of time browsing the web from their phones. If your landing page doesn’t load quickly and effectively on a phone screen, it’ll be overlooked.
- Copy – Your copy needs to fit your audience. Since you’re speaking to education staff, they don’t have much time to wade through anything too lengthy or complicated. Keep it simple and to the point.
- Call to Action – Drive users to take action. In this case, you want them to sign up for your email list. Place your call to action at the top of the page and be clear about what you want users to do.
- Lead Form – Include a simple lead capture form for your landing page. This should be short and sweet. If it’s too time-consuming, you’ll lose leads.
Strengthening Your Conversion Rate
Once your landing page is ready to go, it’s time to kick things up a notch. Recognize that this is a work in progress. You’ll always need to keep an eye on your lead generation funnels to make sure it’s they’re effective as possible.
However, there are some ways to boost your conversions. Try these ideas to entice more of your K12 audience to join your sales funnel:
- Lead magnet – The best way to boost email form sign-ups is by giving something of value to your users. Since you’re targeting those who work in K12, offering a tool that’s useful for administrators, teachers, or other educational professionals is a great idea. Webinars, downloadable guides, or any other enticing download are powerful tools.
- Videos – Videos are processed much faster by our brains than text. For busy K12 professionals, video is a time-saving option that helps show off your brand. Including a video on your landing page really stands out.
- A/B Testing – Finally, to understand what works best for your audience, test two different versions (A/B testing) of your landing page to see which converts more leads. This should be part of your pre-sending checklist for all K12 campaigns.
Taking the Next Steps
Now that you know what makes a K12 landing page one of the most effective wheels in your marketing machine, it’s time to take the next steps. There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all page, especially when marketing to K12 professionals. Consider how you can best reach your audience and follow your intuition.
If you want a healthy, active email list for your marketing campaigns, you need a strong way to build leads. A landing page is one of the best ways to meet this goal while strengthening your band.