Use this checklist to ensure that your email elements are checked before you hit send.
Timing is Everything – Determine the best time and day for sending you K-12 Email Campaigns. Make sure you do smaller test campaigns in order to determine the best time.
- Body Copy – double check for typos and readability.
- Images – Hyperlink images and add ALT text.
- Fonts – Use standard fonts that everybody has.
- Call to Action – Make sure it’s hyperlinked.
- Headline – Short and self-explanatory.
- Personalization – check for issues with name tag.
- Pre-header – always add pre-header text.
- Inbox preview – Send yourself and other test email.
- Email Clients Test – Send to gmail, outlook,
- A/B Testing – are you A/B testing the campaign?
Schedule the campaign to execute at a particular time or send immediately.
- Subject line – triple check for typo and personalization.
- Pre-header –check for typos and new changes.
- Footer – check for typos and hyperlinked pages.
- Sending address – always include the physical company address.
- Permission reminder – new subscribers to opt-in.
- Unsubscribe link – always include unsubscribe link.
- Social icons – check if they are hyperlinked properly.
- Suppressions – add any suppress contacts.
- Exclusions – do you need to exclude certain contacts?
- Data – is the list complete with all data points.
Notify team – notify sales and support team for any
outgoing campaign. Send them link so more people can review the email before its sent.
After the email
Analytics – Always track and measure campaign